Performing & Teaching
I am a belly dancer based between South West London and Surrey. I have performed regularly for restaurants, theatre shows, private and corporate parties in London, Surrey and all over England since 2008.
I also have experience in teaching and can liven up your event with a fun workshop so that you and your guests can get up and dance, and maybe learn a short choreography.
In addition, performances with other dancers, with a live drummer and/or full live band can be arranged upon request.
The most prestigious and memorable venues where I have performed include the South Bank Centre (London), the Radisson Edwardian Hotel (Heathrow) and the London gig of Grammy-nominated US World Music band ‘Brothers of the Baladi’.
Please note that I will not perform for a male-only audience.
A few quotes from my clients:
- The party was fabulous and Elisa's contribution with both dancing and workshop made the evening perfect, she was a beautiful dancer and got everyone participating really well.
- Elisa was absolutely brilliant and a fantastic teacher – the comments have been amazing and everyone had a brilliant time. We will definitely do it again next year.
The Silk Route Show
Since 2010 I have been part of the organising team behind the leading and longest-standing Middle Eastern Cabaret regular show in London: The Silk Route Show in Balham, London.
I began training in Middle Eastern dance in 2003 in Turin, Italy - my home town - in Aziza Abdul Ridha's dance school.
In 2005 I moved to South West London where I trained with a couple of teachers before settling with Eva Green and her Art of Belly Dance Academy in Surrey, where I attended regular classes for four years.
These days I attend workshops with some of the best teachers in the UK and worldwide. I am lucky enough to live in a multicultural metropolis which offers an amazing quantity of opportunities - and I strive to make the most of them. I have also made three dance trips to Egypt - Cairo and Luxor - to get inspired by local teachers and performers.
Among the masters of the dance whom I have had the pleasure to train with are Yasmina of Cairo (I train with her at least once per year), Randa Kamel, Leyla Jouvana, Raqia Hassan, Tito Seif, Nagwa Fouad, Amir Thaleb, Mohamed Kazafy, Leila of Cairo, Sara Farouk, Petite Jamilla, Ansuya, Ozgen, Galit Mersand and many more.
On top of performing at countless restaurants, private parties, corporate and charity events, I have also taken part in various showcases and theatre shows.
This is a list of my main public performances over the past few years:
- Desert Dunes show, Bourne Hall, Ewell (Surrey), 2007
- Shakers and Movers show, Polka Theatre, Wimbledon, 2008
- Fantasia Festival, London, 2008
- Shakers and Movers show, Polka Theatre, Wimbledon, 2009
- Farha Festival, Luxor (Egypt), 2009
- Planet Egypt monthly showcase, Islington (North London), 2010
- Hadassah Stars hafla, Finchley (North London), 2010
- Brothers of the Baladi gig, Islington (North London), 2010
- Arabian Dance Theatre show 'Under the Sun', London, 2011
- 'Stories of Eve' theatre show, Surbiton (Surrey), 2011
- 'Spirit of Egypt' show by Yasmina of Cairo, JOY festival, 2012
- Southbank Centre performance with The One Dance, 2013
- Watts Arts Gallery, Guildford, Surrey, 2015.